THE COLAS GROUP SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT APPROACH
The Colas Group’s activities meet society’s essential expectations: travel and housing needs, improving quality of life and respecting the environment. These activities are carried out within the framework of a sustainable development approach structured around:
Our strategic challenges
- Through their professionalism and commitment, Colas’ people form the base on which the Group’s success rests. Colas’ future therefore depends on our human capital; there are three priorities to enhance this: attracting people, building loyalty and fostering development, built on the cornerstone of our corporate values.
5 important issues
- Corporate citizenship actions in developing countries
- Energy and greenhouse gases
- Chemical risk
COLAS ENVIRONNEMENT’S QHSE POLICY
As part of the Colas Group’s responsible development approach, Colas Environnement has a comprehensive and demanding QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) policy, which aims to:
- control the risk of personal injury and, in particular, the exposure of employees to potentially dangerous substances,
- ensure the quality of its services, in particular by controlling proposal and completion deadlines, by ensuring the reliability of its equipment and by guaranteeing rigorous traceability of its waste,
- ensure that solving its clients’ environmental problems does not lead to more serious problems.
COLAS ENVIRONNEMENT therefore does everything possible to meet the following objectives:
In concrete terms, on each worksite, Colas Environnement teams carefully define an approach adapted to safety and health protection, and evaluate the potential impacts and dangers of their achievements.
This QHSE policy is also endorsed by its employees via their training: all of Colas Environnement co-workers are regularly trained and their awareness raised, so that everyone assimilates the guiding principles and becomes their indisputable champion.
COLAS ENVIRONNEMENT CERTIFICATIONS AND THEIR BENEFITS
Colas Environnement is the first company to be triple certified, all sectors combined. A holder of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certificates since 2000, Colas Environnement has also been MASE-certified since 2010.
THESE CERTIFICATIONS ARE INTEGRATED INTO THE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AND PROVIDE CLIENTS WITH THE ASSURANCE THAT THEY:
The transparency pact
FINDING THE BEST SOLUTION
Colas Environnement uses the information submitted by its clients to find the solution most suitable for their needs. In situ pilot schemes are established to confirm the suitability of the solution.
OUR CONTRACTS ARE LINKED TO OPERATION RATE
Colas Environnement links its contracts to its actual equipment’s operation rate.
This guarantees maximum team commitment so as to optimize equipment productivity.
Colas Environnement submits a completion certificate to its clients after every project, enabling them to express their satisfaction with the service performed.